Thursday, 7 January 2016

Global sourcing / christmas

We got into our global sourcing groups just before christmas and was given a christmas project to do research on a niche brand that is max 5 years old. I personally struggled a bit to understand the definition 'niche' for a while. I associated the word with kind of independent botiques, and when I asked people if that was correct, the answer I got was 'sort of''.

Spending a lot of time looking for niche brands, I looked up a lot of different brand sin the book 'contemporary menswear'. I found brands such as Naked & Famous Denim and Publish Brand. During christmas our group spoke together in our group chat on facebook, and we agreed that most of the brands we were interested in were ethical and sustainable and decided that it was natural for our group to go in that direction as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment